Following last evening’s rehearsal to which the brave turned turned out despite the snow, further news became available about the rest of this term and on into the future. Les Lake ably took us through some of our pieces last night, but for the next two rehearsals Wes will be rejoining us. Les is then available for the next two weeks, but following further discussion about the concert date, and Wes’s discovery that he will be available on 25th it was decided to revert to the original date, thus addressing Hon. Sec’s concerns.
I am awaiting final confirmation from Wes that he will be able to lead a concert on 25 March. He has also kindly offered to circulate all his contacts in the conducting world to see if anyone is available to take on the post in the future.
Finally, it was suggested that it would be nice to have a larger audience than previously. To that end, it was agreed that everyone should take responsibility for inviting friends and family, and that the committee members would look to advertise the forthcoming event.
I’m off skiing, so have fun, enjoy the weather and see you all in 3 weeks!
Hello, I have recently moved to ashford and looking to do more playing. I play in the Hastings Philarmonie orchestra and do the odd gig in London but would like to do more playing. I don’t know if you have any spaces for 1st violins?
We do indeed, and would be very pleased to welcome you!
Thank you. Sadly, with Easter coming up I won’t be able to come and play before the 9th of April. I hope that is ok?
Today is the last rehearsal of this term, with a small concert next Sunday. The new term will start on 23rd April. Do come along then!
Aww ok, great. Thank you very much. Have a great concert on Sunday!