Dear Sinfonia member
Your committee have been giving considerable thought as to how to proceed safely with regard to the risk of passing on Coronavirus (Covid 19) amongst the orchestra and its friends and families.
As of this moment, our conductor is self isolating with a respiratory tract infection – not necessarily Coronavirus – but nonetheless feels it is not worth the risk of passing anything on. Therefore our rehearsal for Monday 16 March has regretfully to be cancelled.
Looking further forward, the pandemic looks to be getting worse rather than better for a while, and bearing in mind our age range and possible underlying maladies, it has been decided that we should suspend activities, including our forthcoming concert. Even if we were to run the concert, it is likely that we would not be at full strength, and our audience would likely be very diminished. The hard work we have already put in will be used at a subsequent event, and Gill has kindly offered to email through some additional pieces for us to practice at home.
We would like to emphasise that this does not mean that we are winding up – as soon as it is deemed safe to do so, we will return to full activity.
We wish you all the best, and hope you can keep clear of this bug – and if not that it is mild and over quickly!
Chairman, on behalf of the committee